My quest to find my inner crafty-girl one small project at a time.

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Sea Shells Sea Shells by the Seashore

I love the beach. It is my favorite place in the world. If I could live there, I would. If my house could look like a beach cottage (like the house in Something's Gotta Give, I DIE!!) I would have it look like that in a heartbeat.

I am loving all of the beachy details I am seeing lately at Pottery Barn: the coral, the shells....

Faux Spiny Branch Coral Faux Bush Coral Ceramic Conch Shell, Short

My smart momma reminded me of my intense shell collection from when I was little (I had them all displayed on a shelf in my room for a LONG time.) Last time I saw her, she brought me all of my little treasures. I decided to add them to my living room built-ins. They give just the touch of beach my heart yearns for!!
Here's the lonely built in area before:
 These are a few of my prized shells:




 And, here they are in place:




My own little beach oasis and I didn't even need to head to Pottery Barn, er, the Cape to find 'em.

No comments:

Post a Comment