We are having a neighborhood yard sale in a few weeks. There's only one little problem. I know nothing about yard sale-ing. Have never been to one. Never had one. (Well, my parents did in 5th grade when we were moving from NJ to MA, but that doesn't count!) I have a bunch of junk, er, treasures to get rid of. We have baby things galore - toys, equipment, clothes (do you sell clothes at yard sales?) I have some old picnic baskets, decorations, games, books, and general chatchkis as well.
So, here are my questions:
* How the heck do I price items?
* Is there a general rule of thumb when deciding what to sell?
* Is there some sort of yard sale code in terms of price cap? Like should things only be $10 and under?
* Do I have to negotiate with everyone?
* How the heck do you make money when everything is priced so cheaply!?
* Is there some special way to lure people in with your yard design? (ha!)
There are at least 5 of you who read this, so please, comment. Help a sister out!
Thanks for the help peeps!