My quest to find my inner crafty-girl one small project at a time.

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Curtains, curtains, curtains!

After hanging the new curtains in the dining room, I really liked how they looked pushed way far out on the side of the window. When we hung our curtains in the living room, we just used the holes that were in the wall from the previous owners. I know,  I took the easy way out but that's the way I roll! The holes weren't totally in the right spot for what I wanted but I didn't bother changing them.

You can see how the curtains really blocked a good amount of the window.

So, after we hung the dining room curtains high and wide I was staring at the living room trying to figure out how I could fix these curtains without re-drilling holes. I realized that I could just extend the curtain rod and push the curtains out to the ends opening up the whole window. I know, so silly and easy, I have NO idea why I didn't think of it before! So, I pushed them open and it really made the windows look HUGE and let in so much more light. I love the quick and easy fix!!





I even think it looks better with the prints in the middle - shows a little more contrast. So easy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment