My quest to find my inner crafty-girl one small project at a time.

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

My first furniture re-do!!!

Finally, I can link to Cassie's POWW! I re-did a small piece of furniture that we have had for years.

We bought this small plant stand about 10 years ago from Lowe's. It was meant to be refinished right away, but we never did anything with it  - just plopped it in our apartment. Over the years, it found it's way in our family room, the guest room and eventually in the attic. Once I got my new sander and my new DIY bug, I knew I had to finally do something with it!

So, Saturday I dragged my supplies to the backyard and whipped out my new sander. Mike was out running some errands and I was afraid to use my sander without him. (Insert embarrassed face!) So, I bailed on the sanding and just went for it.

Here it is with the primer:



I chose a dark primer because that's what the man at the paint store told me to do. And here it is after all is said and done. I chose Grape in gloss. It is bold, but fun!




And, here it is in my basement family room.


I'm not sure it will stay there but it works for now. What do you think? Not bad for my first time! I am linking to Primitive and Proper!

5 comments:

  1. Great job! Amy, remember a sander is a DIY'ers best friend!!! I know what you mean the first time I started to use power tools...by myself...I too was a little reluctant!!! Love the table!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ditto to what lisa said! sanders rock!!!
    the table is adorable and such a fun color!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heya!

    I am so glad I got to meet you on Saturday and that the real reason for you starting a blog (to get invited to A-list parties where people serve salad in troughs) was revealed! Keep up the good work here, darlin'!

    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is definitely bold & fun. You should link this to the Nester's next Take A Risk linky. (The Nesting Place blog.) Those are fun.

    Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like how it goes so well with the Superman box!

    ReplyDelete