My quest to find my inner crafty-girl one small project at a time.

Monday, March 21, 2011

The Evolution Continues

Bit by bit I am getting my dining room to where I want it to be. This weekend we added curtains. It really is amazing how curtains can help make a room look more polished.

Here are the bare windows:

 
I had to put a little shot of the process. We are very technical over here! :)


I chose some sheer white panels from Ikea (you can't beat $9 for the pair!) I wanted to keep it light and airy in the space and this really does the trick. I made sure we hung them high and wide so we didn't lose any light coming from the two windows. I have left them pooling on the ground for now. I'm still contemplating if I will shorten them or not.

And, now here is the final outcome. 



Yes, I know my lighting stinks! Tips anyone???


I am contemplating adding a band of some other fun fabric to the top or bottom. Maybe some cool floral or graphic Amy Butler fabric?? Stay tuned for the next step in the dining room!

2 comments:

  1. i love the softness the curtains add to the room.
    and what kind of camera do you have? is it a point and shoot or is it more sophisticated? if it is more sophisiticated, you just need to play with the white balance, as well as the ISO. i have been working with mine more over the last couple months and it is making a difference, though i am still learning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I say keep the curtains just the way they are! $9, love Ikea's prices!!! As far as camera's go...I never use a flash. My pics need work too, but I find natural light to be the best! Just my 2 cents! Hey, I sent you an email. Let me know about those links.

    ReplyDelete