My quest to find my inner crafty-girl one small project at a time.

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Turquoise Rocks!

A few weeks ago Melissa and I took a trip to Goodwill and Home Goods. I was looking for a vase that I could spray paint a fun, bold color to add some pop to my mantel. Currently, my mantel has a lot of silver, glass and white on it.

It's pretty, but needed a little something. I found a fun vase at Goodwill that was a neat shape and cool details. I liked the color but it wasn't that fun, bold color I was looking for.

Here it is:

While I originally bought it for the mantel, I also got a pink glass vase at Home Goods that same day. This pink beauty is $5!! How great??
Can you tell I'm not sure which side to put the vase on?


It worked better on the mantel, so my gray beauty got displaced to the dining room. It sat there for a while until I could decide what color to make it. This past weekend I finally got some spray paint at the hardware store. I called it turquoise in my post title but I think it's more kind of baby blue. I painted it on Sunday and voila...

That looks a little more muted than it is.
There it is in the dining room. I changed a few things around on the bar to make it look a little better.


Here is the before and after again:

I love the pop of color that it leaves in the room and how it pulls some of the blue tones out of the gray wall color. Stay tuned for more updates in that room later this week.

P.S. I realize that I need to get better at taking pictures of my rooms and projects. It looks kinda pathetic now, huh? Thanks for coming back - I promise I will get better as time goes on. And, if you are reading regularly, become a follower!! It makes me keep going to know there are people actually reading :)

2 comments: